4.19.2014

My sunshine

I cannot believe in four short months I will have a four year old. And in five short months I will have a four year old attending school three days a week. All I’ve known for the past (pretty much) three and a half years is spending every second of my day with this little girl and there is no doubt in my mind I will experience some major separation anxiety when this happens. I’m worried about how she will interact with kids she doesn’t know and more importantly, how they will interact with her. I guess you could say I’m an overly protective kind of momma. She’s my baby and I want to always be able to protect her from any type of harm. But is that even realistic? With out smothering her and making her live a sheltered life? One huge step I have to take when sending her off to school is letting her go. And honesty? It’s a hard one for me, but I know it’s a step we need to take. Kailey’s enthusiasm when I bring up school shows me she is ready. And that’s what I need to remember. She is ready. It doesn’t matter if I am or not because honestly, I probably won’t ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment